Thursday, March 27, 2008

Grandma & Grandpa Decker's Visit

Grandma and Grandpa Decker came down from Illinois to spend a few days with us around Easter. The guys were planning on working on getting the trailer ready to rent again. This included tearing out carpet and lineoleum, washing and/or painting walls, and other miscelaneous fix-ups that needed attention. We girls had plans of doing a little shopping since Mom found this shoe store she really liked last time she was here.

But alas, many of our plans were foiled and spoiled. For 3 out of 5 of us were sick for at least some of the time (4 of 7, counting my brother and sister-in-law, who arrived on Saturday). Nevertheless, we enjoyed each other's company, and it was so nice to see them. I miss my parents very much, and often think of missionaries who are long distances from their families. The Lord must give them special grace. I am thankful for the time we had together and am looking forward to being together again.

Grandpa Decker & Avi eating pretzels and swinging. (She is wearing an outfit that I wore.)

This picture cracks me up every time I see it. Avi is trying out a couple of gifts from G&G. Grandpa picked out the hat for her, and she also got a new pacifier clip that has a lamb on it and reads, "Jesus loves me."

And this was Avi's announcement to Grandma & Grandpa. For those of you who can't see the caption at the bottom of the picture, it reads "Brand new big sister!" (11/01/08)

5 comments:

JT said...

DOES THIS MEAN WHAT I THINK IT DOES??!!! You really slipped that "little" news in there didn't you!
Congratulations!!! We're happy for you! (By the way, if I am misunderstanding, I'm going to feel really dumb! : )

Jeremy and Amanda

Doug and Jennifer Gross said...

Hey Kami! I'm so glad you found me! I was just talking about you the other day! Congrats! I think. We find out tomorrow what we're having! Tell Keith I said hi!

The French Family said...

Avi seems to have quite a personality! Congrats!!

Stacy said...

Congratulations on the new baby!

Alicia Reagan said...

Hey! I don't think you know me but I went to school with your husband. I just found your blog. Your baby girl is so cute!! My blog is www.reaganhome.blogspot.com
Congratulations on your new addition also!